Much like in last week’s post about spoilers for who made it through the end of Vegas Callbacks. Today is probably one of the most anticipated episodes of the season as the Top 20 is revealed.
Like last week, OMGDance has provided some spoilers as to whom could be in the Top 20
Nigel has mentioned a few times this season that Ballroom and Hip Hop is strong this season. Based off of last week’s spoilers there were three ballroom dancers that made it to the end of Vegas Callbacks and only one that we know of to be a hip-hop related dancers (there might be others, but none that we are able to discern based on the episodes seen).
If you look at the Top 20 Dance Style Breakdown page the season with the most hip-hop related dancers (this is including popping, locking, etc):
- Season One: 3 male / 1 female and 1 male breaker
- Season Two: 3 male / 2 female
- Season Three: 2 male / 1 female and 2 male breakers / 1 female breaker
- Season Four: 2 male / 1 female and 1 male breaker
- Season Five: 2 male
- Season Six: 2 male and 1 male breaker and 1 male krumper
- Season Seven: 1 male breaker
- Season Eight: 2 male and 2 male breakers
Just looking at the above list some of the hip-hop related strongest seasons occurred in the first four seasons of the series and then Seasons Six and Eight.
However, whenever Nigel and Co. talk about hip-hop dancers that have come onto the show they always go back to Twitch and Comfort both from Season Four. If they talk about strong breakers they tend to look at either Dominic from Season 3, Jonathan “Legacy” Perez from Season 6, or Jose Ruiz from Season 7.