This one was really, really hard, which just goes to show you how many great routines there have been this season. I know we feel like the choreography has been lacklaster and maybe the dancing too. Maybe it’s felt over-produced. But we’ve said that before. Usually, after the season’s over and we see the tour, re-watch videos, we remember all the great highlights of the season. SO, I’m going to share some of my favorites now.
I can’t even really put these in order because they’re all amazing in different ways. I’ll list the ones with All-Stars first, how about that?
1. Christopher Scott’s “Misty Blue” with Sasha and All-Star Twitch (Top 10)
2. Mandy Moore’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” with Melanie and All-Star Neil (Top 8)
3. Miriam and Leonardo’s “Malajunta” with Caitlynn and All-Star Pasha (Top 10)
4. Tyce Diorio’s “Fool of Me” with Sasha and All-Star Kent (Top 6)
5. Stacey Tookey’s “Hearts Ask Pleasure First” with Melanie and Sasha (Top 4, last night)
6. Nappytabs’s “Memories” with Jordan and Tadd (Top 16)
7. Stacey Tookey’s “Turning Tables” with Caitlynn and Mitchell (Top 20 2nd round)
8. Dee Caspary’s “Belong” with Sasha and Alexander (Top 16)
9. Travis Wall’s “Turn to Stone” with Melanie and Marko (Top 20)
10. Spencer Liff’s “Please Mr. Jailer” with Ashley and Chris (Top 20 2nd round)
And because I absolutely CAN’T resist giving you lagniappe (and I can’t keep it to only 10):
11. Sonya Tayeh’s “Heavy in Your Arms” with Caitlynn and Marko (Top 6)
12. Spencer Liff’s “(Where Do I Begin) Love Story” with Melanie and Tadd (Top 6)
Can you tell that I think the Top 6 night was pretty much the best performance night of the season, after the Meet the Top 20 episode?
Well, what do you think? I *KNOW* there are some routines you’re going to be mad I didn’t include. What are they?